Wednesday 27 January 2016

ALL THE TIME

To say January has been lackluster would be an understatement! I'm not 'feeling' January this year, it doesn't have that crisp clean smell that new things have. It's almost like that first time you had to try beets or spinach or broccoli...its been 'meh'

Just 'meh'.

How many of us feel like that sometimes?
Then because we are Christians we start feeling bad for feeling bad for we know that we should be feeling 'good'- ALL THE TIME!

That attitude of gratitude mantra - that be grateful for life, freedom and God's provision and blessings mantra. That....yes that, just that should be enough to make you happy...ALL THE TIME!

I watched the movie ( I'm using this term loosely now) Inside Out just recently, and my mind went entirely crazy with excitement at how incredibly well thought out and insightful this cartoon was. And like most 'over thinkers' I took it all in.

The message? No one can be all happy all the time, there is sadness, and anger, and pain that balances us all out to makes the human experience...well...human.

Is it possible or even healthy to be happy ALL THE TIME?

Philippians 4: 4 Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS: and again I say, Rejoice.

Apparently, the answer to my question is.............ALWAYS..a yes! If God said it- I believe it!
YOU can start over

So how does one transfer that ALWAYS into every mundane day? ............ Rejoice.

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be made unto God. 7 And the peace that passeth  ALL understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.19 But my God shall supply ALL my need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

And so it is, those days, those weeks, that January when you felt disconnected and discontent, there is ALWAYS a reason to Rejoice, to be happy to be content. So tomorrow, when I go through my final January days, I will remember the word...ALWAYS and will rejoice.

I will tell you what happens, when I renew my mind into an attitude of rejoicing ALWAYS in ALL ways.


Related Reading: Philippians 4



2 comments:

  1. What a struggle we all share, the feelings most people try to hide away, and get past with a smile. I think we can renounce in times of sorrow or frustration. God'knows our inner thoughts and we can praise Him for getting us through those time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it is a struggle and a reminder, in the midst of it is always good..just sing praises

      Delete